Friday, July 13, 2012

Leaving Virginia (Again)

I've left Virginia again. Back for only a couple of weeks, I found another job on the other side of the country, so now I'm heading to New Mexico. I'm driving this time so I will have my own wheels and all the freedom that comes with that! I'm currently in Columbia, MO visiting my friend Ken. I'm so excited to be here. I was here in March and that was the first time in four years, so it's really nice to be back again so soon. My job starts on Monday and I'm taking my time getting there. I'll be working on a ranch: http://www.vermejoparkranch.com/. It looks really cool~ the biggest ranch in the country. I will again be waiting tables and bar tending. And, hopefully doing a lot of hiking in my off time. Also hoping that it works out for Thomas to fly out in the fall to meet me and drive back to Virginia together, having an adventure together on the way. I've just posted some pictures and that's what got me to update my blog. There are a few pictures of Kelly and me on a hike that we did while I was in Virginia. We hiked up White Oak Canyon and down Cedar Run Trail. We had the water slide to ourselves and then shared the big swimming hole with a few others. It was a great hike in spite of the heat. Especially since we had the wonderful river to cool off in. The rest of the pictures I posted came from a little detour I took on my journey out of the state. I was driving on 64 West and getting close to West Virginia when I saw the signs for Hot Springs and Warm Springs and I veered off the highway to see where I was on a map. I looked at the map and then decided to drive for a bit. It was so beautiful, I drove all the way to Warm Springs! Allegheny County is amazingly beautiful! I almost couldn't leave Virginia. I came upon a beautiful waterfall right on Routh 220 and got out to take pictures and walk around a bit. There were three teenage boys enjoying a swimming hole above the falls. I hope to continue updating my blog as this summertime adventure continues.... ~m

No comments:

Post a Comment