Thursday, June 28, 2012

Colorado to Virginia

I am back in Virginia. Gerda and I went on a beautiful hike to Shrine Pass, and had a wonderful time catching up on the past four years. I took a day trip to Boulder and walked along the Pearl Street Mall. I felt like I was in Charlottesville. The Charlottesville Downtown Mall was modeled after the Pearl Street Mall. I think my pictures capture it, including the homeless street musicians that played "Wagon Wheel" for me. The pictures I took on the Shrine Pass hike are not quite clear and that's because there are so many wildfires burning in Colorado right now. On Monday and Tuesday when I was in downtown Denver the temperature reached 107 degrees. That's an all time high for them. Usually this time of year the temperature is in the high 80s. Whoever said, "It's not so bad when it's a dry heat." was out of his mind! Hot is hot, and 107 is unbearable! I do love Colorado though, and her majestic mountains. It's nice to be back in green Virginia now. For a time. Wondering now what is next~

No comments:

Post a Comment