Thursday, July 19, 2012

Meditation

I went out for a meditative walk today. I've been tired I think because of the elevation here, so I'm going to wait until next week to tackle any real hiking. Still, I'm getting some good walks in anyway.

Today as I sat eating my lunch in the shade of a tree alongside the meadow I was walking through, a humming bird came to me. She hovered right in front of me, not even an arms length away. I first took it as a spiritual experience, because here was this one lone humming bird seeking me out, out on the desert plain. Then I realized there were more humming birds and they were enjoying the nectar from thistle blossoms. Because I was wearing a bright pink shirt, this one probably mistook me to be a giant thistle flower. Poor thing, what a disappointment. For the humming bird, not me; she was still a blessing to me : )

Thought for the day:
"If you don't know where you are going, get there by a way you do not know." ~ Confucius

Quite fitting for me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment