Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Telluride Colorado

I am now holed up in a coffee shop in Telluride, Colorado. It's raining and sleeting complete with thunder and lightning, and I am just happy to be warm and dry. I hiked to the foot of Bridal Veil Falls this morning and got a little wet. The rain made me turn around rather than continuing on to the top, but it was a lovely hike none the less!

I did a couple short hikes at Mesa Verde yesterday morning, but I was not able to get close and explore the actual dwellings. A guided tour is required for that and I can't stand guided tours! I did enjoy driving around though and the little bit I got to see. Afterward I had a wonderful shower, then ventured into the town of Cortez. I got my oil changed and my toes done. I finally feel like my feet are clean!

I drove through the little town of Dolores where I bought a skirt at a consignment shop. I hope to get to wear it when I go out dancing with my friend Joanna in a few days. I found a hot spring outside of the town of Rico in the San Juan National Forest, but it didn't feel that hot and did not look very appealing. I want clear water!! So, I did not get in, but ventured farther north and found a wonderful place to camp for the night just north of Rico, right alongside the Dolores River. It was amazing, beautiful and quiet. I slept in my 4Runner and kept a window open a little so I could hear the river as I fell asleep. Thankfully I slept well and was not awakened and asked to move! It was a cold 28 degrees when I woke up. I made coffee and sipped it in my car. And, now I am in Telluride wondering what to do in the rain. The coffee shop closes at 2pm and I think my paid parking runs out before that. More later.... m~

No comments:

Post a Comment